The Dashing Entrance of Lupin III is the first episode of Lupin the Third Part II that aired on October 3, 1977.
After a long time, invitations come from Lupin III, and Jigen, Goemon, and Fujiko are reunited aboard the luxury liner Sirloin. But when Lupin appears afterward, he tells them that he was himself invited by Fujiko. Why have they received false invitations together with Inspector Zenigata? The moment of confrontation with Lupin's bitter enemy Mister X is approaching.
- On the Youtube version uploaded by TMS as part of their anniversary, the scene where Fujiko is in the shower has been darkened. This is due to their filters as the episode was originally on there but then got removed so this is a change for the reupload. No other version has been affected.
- On the English masters used for the Pioneer/Geneon dub and streaming sites, Sydney is spelt as Sidney. This does not affect any other master as the Japanese is not translated and is baked in.
- When Jigen looks at the information about the ship, Hull is Holl, Restaurant is Restraunt. Also as he presses the button, a section called "Listni" appears that wasn't there before.
- This episode is a direct sequel to the first series pilot and includes flashback footage from said episode. Tadaaki Yamazaki wrote both stories, and Takiguchi Jumpei played Mister X in both episodes as well.
- The idea of a reunion was based on the Shin Lupin III manga chapter Lupin Family Lineup.
- This episode ranked #8 in the Lupin III Best Selection rerun of favorite episodes, as chosen by Japanese fans.
- Unlike future episodes of the English Geneon dub where the episode name was changed to have a reference, it was a more faithful title considering that the previous series was not aired in the US. This hints that the name might have came from TMS has it also featured in the Italian dub or the dub was the basis of the title.
- On some versions of the International masters, there is a red filter during the flashback with Mister X. It is unknown why.